Last October I decided to participate in a Print Inktober challenge. This is a variation of the Inktober challenge where you use stamping instead of just drawing in ink. I thought this would be a great opportunity to get more familiar with my stamping supplies. I’ve posted a quick product review of the Yellow Paper House Junque Journal as well as a flip through of what I did on my YouTube channel. For a closer look at the layouts, I have included a gallery of the pages below.
When I started this challenge, I used the prompts from the Inktober challenge. I quickly grew bored which meant procrastinating. I eventually just started journaling whatever I was feeling/experiencing that day. This made a big difference and I started enjoying the project much more. I wasn’t able to finish this project but I am hoping to keep going and finish the entire journal.
As mentioned above, I used the Yellow Paper House Junque Journal for this Print Inktober challenge. The paper quality really held up under all of the ink. I did end up gluing pages together, not because of ghosting or bleeding, but I was getting bored with working on the same patterned/coloured paper.
I used a variety of supplies: stamps, ink, stencils, sticker paper, etc. My distress inks were used most often to create the backgrounds, as well as colouring some of the stamped images. Crayola markers helped create shading and shadowing on top of the distress inks.
Some of the supplies I used include:
- Ranger Distress Inks (in various colours)
- Versafine Pigment Ink
- The Sassy Club Bubble Alpha stamp set
- Krissyanne Designs Exclusive Serif Alphabet
- Recollections Clear Stamps Brackets and Corners
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stencils (variety)
- Dylusions small stencil
- Ms Sparkle & Co Alphabet stamp set
- Dylusions border stamp set
- Amy Tangerine Alphabet stamp set
- Dylusions Mini Me stamp set
- Altenew Snapshots stamp set
- Dylusions Plenty of Fish stamp set
When I wanted the stamped image to stick out more, I stamped and coloured the image on sticker paper. I also added borders to give the layouts a more completed look.
Overall, I had a great time working on this project. There are a few errors throughout the journal (dropped ink pads, miss-stamped images, etc), but I feel like my stamping technique has improved greatly. I was also able to better familiarize myself with my stamps and the different materials they’re made of.
As I continue to work on the project, I will share what I’ve created as well as tips and tricks that I’ve discovered through experimenting.
Please let me know if you have any additional comments or questions regarding my journal.